Field of activity
Jia Schulz-Cao is an associate in the fields of intellectual property (IP), life sciences & healthcare as well as technology, media and telecommunications. His practice focuses on contentious and non-contentious trademark and patent law as well as unfair competition.
Previous professional experience / Education
Jia Schulz-Cao joined the Intellectual Property Team in 2012 and has been an associate there since 2018. In this context he advises international and national clients.
After studying law at the Universities of Vienna and Sheffield, Great Britain, he was Senior Visiting Scholar at the Law School of Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. Jia Schulz-Cao then worked as a trainee lawyer at the European Patent Office, Munich, in the Department of European and International Legal Affairs.
Jia Schulz-Cao has extensive knowledge of Chinese intellectual property law and holds a doctorate in Chinese trademark law. He is fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) and therefore regularly deals with Chinese issues.
- 2015-2019 – Doctorate programme at the Faculty of Law, University of Vienna
- 2017/2018 – Legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court of Vienna
- 2016/2017 – Senior visiting scholar, School of Law, Tsinghua University, China
- 2015 – Diploma studies at the Faculty of Law, University of Vienna
- 2012/13 – Erasmus semester, University of Sheffield, UK
- Vienna Bar Association
- Joseph von Sonnenfels Center for the Study of Public Law and Economics
- Engin-Deniz/Schulz-Cao, EU-Markenrechtsreform tritt in Kraft (Reform of EU trademark law comes into force)