Christian Reuter specialises in real estate. He regularly advises clients on property transactions, including share and asset deals as well as sale and leaseback structures. He also assists private and public investors with project developments and large construction projects and advises real estate funds, often in the hotel sector, on all legal aspects of asset management. Private construction law, the law of architects and engineers, plant engineering and commercial leases are further areas of expertise. In all of his practice areas, Christian also regularly represents his clients in court disputes.
He joined CMS in 1996 and has been a partner since 2000.
Hermann Friedrich Bruhn
- Construction law: Advising on the construction of two shopping centres (Tibarg and Marktplatzgalerie Bramfeld)
- Construction law: Advising on the revitalisation of a shopping centre in Hamburg (Hamburger Meile) in the context of a joint venture with ECE
- Providing ongoing advice on numerous commercial, retail and residential project developments and revitalisation projects
- Ongoing advice to an investment company with regard to legal asset management including the revitalisation of shopping centres
- Advising the federal state of Schleswig-Holstein on a public-private partnership project: Planning, renovation and new construction of University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein as well as subsequent operation and day-to-day maintenance of the property (volume: approx. EUR 520 million)
- Advising a logistics company on the development of several logistics facilities as well as on their sale (sale and leaseback transactions): Assisting with, amongst others, planner and construction contracts as well as purchase and lease agreements
- Advising a joint venture in the energy sector (pipeline company) on the construction and operation of a natural gas pipeline in northern Germany
- 1991 - 1995: Scientific assistant at the Department for Commercial, Maritime and Business Law, University of Hamburg
- Apprenticeship as a banker in Hamburg
- Law studies in Berlin and Hamburg