20 June 2019, 08:30 -
In spite of Brexit, the UK M&A market continues to attract international investors.
In order to understand the key drivers of the UK M&A environment, in the face of this political and wider economic uncertainty, we propose to examine the similarities and differences in M&A practice and legal regulation between France, UK and Germany.
Finally, at a time where both France and UK seek to remain attractive to foreign investors while also mindful to safeguard national security, we will examine how both countries have amended and intend to further amend their laws on national security and foreign investment controls.
- An overview today of the UK and French M&A markets:
- Comparative results from the CMS European M&A Study 2019;
- Evolution of Warranty & Indemnity insurance.
- Control of foreign investments: Regulatory changes in both France and the UK
With the interventions of Olena Vlasyuk-Laurent, Lawyer, M&A and Transaction Solutions Director, Aon EMEA, and a panel of our CMS Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyers:
- Mark Bertram, Partner, CMS UK
- Jean-Robert Bousquet, Partner, CMS France
- Bill Carr, Partner, CMS UK
- Alexandra Rohmert, Partner, CMS France