CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre advised 21 Centrale Partners in the context of the acquisition of Synerlab, one of the leading French pharmaceutical manufacturers, from Ardian which plans to reinvest in it for a new stage of growth.
21 Centrale Partners, Ardian and the Synerlab group management team worked together to support this major French pharmaceutical manufacturer in its pan-European development.
21 Centrale Partners and Ardian, the longstanding shareholder which took a stake in Synerlab in 2007, will offer the group their combined knowledge to support its ambitious growth strategy: organic growth, international development and market consolidation.
This transaction is subject to approval by the competition authorities.
For this transaction, 21 Centrale Partners was advised on legal and tax aspects by CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre, with Philippe Rosenpick, Isabelle Prodhomme, Thomas Hains and Cécile Leclerc dealing with corporate/M&A aspects, Grégory Benteux, Alexandre Bordenave and Alexandre Chazot with aspects of banking and financial law, Laurent Hepp, Florian Burnat and Philippe Gosset with tax aspects, and Denis Redon and Virginie Coursière-Pluntz with competition aspects.
Other consultancy firms involved:
- Legal, tax and labour due diligence: Landwell & Associés with Cécile Debin, Xavier Etienne, Bernard Borrely, Aurélie Cluzel, Jérémie Schwarzenberg and Laure Maffre
- Financial due diligence: Eight Advisory with Stéphane Vanbergue and Christophe Puissegur
- Strategic consultancy: Lek Consulting with Arnaud Sergent, Serge Hovsepian and Nohmie Ben Rekassa
- Investment banker/consultant: Léonardo & Co with Patrick Maurel, François Rivalland, Joseph El Khoury, Virginie Nicolay and David Feiner
- Corporate lawyer – Tax structuring: Weil Gotshal & Manges with Frédéric Cazals and Mathilde Descotes
- Financial VDD: PWC Transaction TS Finance with Philip Dykstra and Pierre-Mikhaël Voyer
- Strategic consultancy: Roland Berger with Patrick Biecheler and Xavier Lemoine
- Financial consultancy: Financiere de Courcelles with Christian Rumpler
- Legal consultancy: Desfilis & Mcgowan with Frédéric Pinet, Guillaume Giuliani and Nathalie Hollier-Cheynet
- Debt: Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) with Mathieu Vigier and Thomas Sfeir
- Lawyer, debt: DLA Piper with Maud Manon
Financial consultancy – banking: Léonardo & Co with Philippe Charbonnier
The group is recognised as one of the European leaders in the high-growth market of preservative-free multidose sterile liquids. Its unique expertise in the production of small and medium production runs using a flexible and efficient industrial tool makes it a preferred partner particularly of large generics manufacturers. This is in addition to its established expertise in solid forms, particularly in the robust sachets market. With its dedicated pharmaceutical development team, Synerlab offers its customers proactive support in the reformulation or development of new dosage forms, a complementary activity in strong demand.
Synerlab has developed a very diverse customer portfolio mainly comprising generics manufacturers and medium-sized laboratories, along with a few large international laboratories. The group has more than 600 employees distributed over four production sites and a development centre located in France.
For more information, please contact: