Christophe Blondeau and Jean-Robert Bousquet co-heads of the Corporate/ M&A team
The firm CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre announces that partners Christophe Blondeau and Jean-Robert Bousquet are taking over the lead of the Corporate/M&A team.
The team, currently comprising around 30 lawyers, including seven partners*, works in the field of company law, M&A and Private Equity.
It assists its clients with around 40 transactions a year. The team advises companies in a wide range of sectors and has particularly acquired recognised expertise in the healthcare, aeronautics, real-estate, hotel & leisure, renewable energies and financial services sectors.
Corporate/M&A activity is a core business for CMS, with 700 lawyers whose dynamism contributes significantly to CMS's international positioning as one of the top 10 business law firms, a position the firm intends to further develop.
Having already gained expertise via recruitments over recent years in the fields of business law (particularly Banking/Finance), the firm aims to actively pursue the development of its legal teams, particularly the Corporate/M&A team, in order to raise the profile of its transactional skills and thereby strengthen its positioning as a leading firm of business lawyers.
* Christophe Blondeau, Jean-Robert Bousquet, Jean-Eric Cros, Alexandre Delhaye, Arnaud Hugot, Jacques Isnard and Christophe Lefaillet.
Jean-Robert Bousquet, 40, began his career in 1999 in the Berlin office of CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre and then spent five years at the firm Debevoise & Plimpton LLP (in Paris and New York), before joining the Corporate/M&A team at CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre in 2006 where he was co-opted as a partner in 2010. A graduate of EM Lyon (1996), he also holds a Degree in Accounting and Finance and a business law Master’s in corporate legal consultancy from Strasbourg (1998). He works in the fields of M&A (particularly cross-border) and Private Equity.
Christophe Blondeau, 46, began his career in 1994 with the firm Veilt Armfelt Jourde (1994 -1998) before joining CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre where he was co-opted as a partner in 2006. He has a business law Master’s in corporate legal consultancy from Paris (1993). He works in the fields of M&A, particularly in real estate and hotels & leisure, and Private Equity.
Latest transactions advised:
- Acquisition by NextStage of a stake in the Bow group (holding company for MyKronoz and RoadEyes) - August 2015
- Transfer of operations from the ports of Calais and Boulogne-sur-Mer to structures owned by CCIs, CDC Infra and Meridiam - July 2015
- Sale by Compagnie Nationale de Navigation of CNN MCO to its management and the Pragma Capital fund - July 2015
- Sale by 21 Centrale Partners of its stake in Vacalians Group to Permira - July 2015
- Management package in the framework of the sale of the Interflora group by its managers, HLD and Chevrillon to LFPI - July 2015
- Combination between the Domus Cliniques and AlmaViva Santé groups - July 2015
- Creation of a joint venture, "Telefonica Global Solutions France", between Telefonica and Bouygues Télécom - June 2015
- Acquisition by Enovos Luxembourg SA of a minority stake in Vialis - March 2015