Highlights of experience in TMT in Hungary
- RTL Group on significant, strategic advisory work relating to the core operation of the group in Hungary, including complex media regulatory, competition, tax, restructuring and IP advice.
- Liberty Global Europe on the acquisition of the 5th largest cable network provider by UPC Hungary.
- German telecommunications company on regulatory possibilities of starting certain innovative ECS and OTT services in Hungary and provided support to our colleagues in Slovakia.
- Microsoft on full range of legal matters, including Safe Harbor adherence and call centre operation advice; various regulatory matters, such as the profiling requirements under the draft EU Data Protection Regulation, permitted use of social media videos, government surveillance rights, cloud services and the ECJ's "right to be forgotten" judgement, among others.
- Magyar Telekom (a Deutsche Telekom subsidiary) on energy, e-health, mobile payment projects and launch of bundled offers on a daily basis. Assistance in content sourcing e.g. conclusion of contracts with broadcasting companies for all three screens: TV (cable and IPTV), mobile and PC. Advised on a complex cooperation agreement with new outsourcing partner.