Providers of financial services are operating in an ever-changing regulatory landscape, with a growing compliance burden and enforcement action and penalties becoming more severe.
The daily challenges you face in doing business in a highly regulated, cost-pressured environment mean you need advisers who have an unparalleled understanding of the regulators’ expectations and have a commercial and practical approach and understand industry standards and expectations.
We understand the regulatory context in which you operate and recognise the importance of finding commercial solutions. We use our experience to help clients manage and grow their businesses through the development of new products, services and distribution channels and are at the forefront of new market developments, working closely with and advising market participants, industry bodies and governmental agencies and regulators in South Africa and other African countries.
Our service offering
There is a broad spectrum on which our team in South Africa, supported by over 70 offices globally and a network of firms in other African countries, provides advice. We support a variety of clients, including banks, insurance companies, institutional investors, asset managers, brokers, sovereign wealth funds, private wealth, market infrastructure players and fintech firms.
Clients also come to us for bespoke advice on the full range of regulatory issues.
The matters on which we advise include:
- client documentation
- compliance measures and procedures
- cross-border financial transactions
- financial disclosure rules
- financial product development
- governance, culture and conduct rules
- licensing requirements and applications
- regulatory capital advice and planning.
- regulatory investigations and litigation
- regulatory legal opinions
- risk mitigation strategies
- sanctions and anti-money laundering and terrorism finance regulations