Karl Mutter, LL.M.
Karl Mutter, LL.M.
Calle 75 No. 3-53
Karl is Partner and leads the Intellectual Property and Sanitary Regulation areas. He has 18 years of experience advising clients in protection of trademark rights, patents, industrial models and designs, plant breeder's rights, copyrights and management trademarks, patents and health registrations portfolios at a national and international level. Furthermore, he has extensive experience in IP due diligence processes for the purposes of internal control and mergers and acquisitions of companies. It has also carried out processes to claim rights for infringement by third parties.
In the Lifesciences (Heal Sciences) sector, Karl has more than 12 of experience assisting clients with all their needs in regards to regulatory sanitary law. This includes advice for products such as foodstuffs, alcoholic beverages, cosmetics, dietary supplements, medical devices and equipment, and pharma products; in everything related to market approvals, and issues related to labeling, functional claims, and product advertising.
- 2018-present – Partner, CMS Rodríguez-Azuero, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2010-2018 – Founder and Managing Partner, Mutter & Asociados, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2006-2010 – Practice Director, Cavelier Abogados, Bogotá, Colombia.
- 2006-2010 – Cavelier Abogdos, Senior Associate, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2004 – Consultant and Associate Researcher, Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization-WIPO, Geneva, Switzerland
- 2000-2003 – Senior Associate, Cavelier Abogados, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2006 – Scholarship recipient, Franklin Pierce Law Center, -FPLC-, Institute of Summer in Intellectual Property -IPSI, Concord, USA
- 2004 – Master of Laws (LL.M. Degree Cum Laude) with Specialization in Intellectual Property, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- 2002 – Summer Course on Intellectual Property, Scholarship recipient, World Property Organization Intellectual-WIPO, Geneva, Switzerland
- 2000 – Lawyer, University of the Andes, Bogota, Colombia