Karl is Partner and leads the Intellectual Property and Life Sciences & Healthcare areas. He has 18 years of experience advising clients in protection of trademark rights, patents, industrial models and designs, plant breeder's rights, copyrights and management trademarks, patents and health registrations portfolios at a national and international level. Furthermore, he has extensive experience in IP due diligence processes for the purposes of internal control and mergers and acquisitions of companies. It has also carried out processes to claim rights for infringement by third parties.
Karl has more than 12 of experience assisting clients with all their needs in connection to life sciences & healthcare law. This includes advice for products such as foodstuffs, alcoholic beverages, cosmetics, dietary supplements, medical devices and equipment, and pharma products; in everything related to market approvals, and issues related to labelling, functional claims, and product advertising.
- 2018-present – Partner, CMS Rodríguez-Azuero, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2010-2018 – Founder and Managing Partner, Mutter & Asociados, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2006-2010 – Practice Director, Cavelier Abogados, Bogotá, Colombia.
- 2006-2010 – Cavelier Abogdos, Senior Associate, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2004 – Consultant and Associate Researcher, Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization-WIPO, Geneva, Switzerland
- 2000-2003 – Senior Associate, Cavelier Abogados, Bogotá, Colombia
- Karl Mutter, Chambers Latin America 2020, Lifesciences (Band 4)
- Area recognition: Leaders League 2020, IP litigation (Highly Recommended)
- Area recognition: Leaders League 2020, Trademark prosecution (Highly Recommended)
- Area recognition: Leaders League 2020, Lifescience Regulatory (Recommended)
- Area recognition: Legal 500 Latin America 2019, Intellectual Property (Tier 4)