78 Cannon Street
Charles Kerrigan is a partner in the Banking & International Finance Team at CMS London.
Charles previously worked at Slaughter and May and at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. He has practised in London and New York.
- Clients include: 20th Century Fox, BAE, Bank of America, BBC, Curzon Advisers Limited, Lloyds Banking Group, MindCandy, UBS Global Asset Management, Wells Fargo and Vodafone.
- 1993 - Law – Oxford University, MA
- Intellectual Property Office – IPO – Banking on IP working group
- UK representative - European Commission Open Method of Co-ordination – OMC Group on creative industries access to finance
- Creative England – Access to Finance Implementation Group
- Big Innovation Centre – BIC Entrepreneurial Finance Hub
- Panel member - Innovate UK (Technology Strategy Board) 2014
- British Bankers Association – BBA Creative Industries Roundtable Working Group
- Co-founder of the Association of Media and Technology Lenders
- Secured Transactions Law Reform Project – IP workstream
- Acknowledged in the Intellectual Property Office's IP Finance Toolkit
- Speaker - Tomorrow's Transactions Forum - 18th/19th March 2015
- Charles writes for the Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, Bloomberg Financial Services Law Review and has written for The Times, IP Finance, International Financier and International Accountant.
- 2016 - TMT Finance Law and Practice, Butterworths, First Edition 2016, Author
- 2016 - Cash Pooling and Insolvency - A Practical Global Handbook, Second Edition, Globe Publishing 2016, Author
- December 2016 - TMT Finance: TV (Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law)
- June 2016 - Some practical points in relation to the granting of floating charges (Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law)
- March 2016 - Information Stymied By Banking Access Issues, Experts Warn (Payments Compliance)
- March 2016 - Law firms, artificial intelligence and smart contracts (Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law)
- February 2016 - Unblocking the blockchain (LexisNexis)
- July 2015 - Digital is the future of banking but can banks keep up? (The Guardian)
- July 2015 - Standard Chartered and Deloitte Wade Into Blockchain Fray (Payments Compliance)
- May 2015 - Mobile Payments Flagged as cyber-attack risk intensifies (Payments Compliance)
- FCA publishes review of CASS initiative (E-Finance & Payments Law & Policy)
- December 2014 - The interpretation of contracts relating to financial transactions (Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law)
- City of London University of Law – lecturer in Secured Lending, Subordination and Capital Markets.
- The London School of Economics and Political Science – lecturer on the LLM in The Law and Practice of International Finance; evening lecturer on Digital Money topics