78 Cannon Street
David Bridge is a partner and solicitor advocate in the Commercial Disputes Team at CMS London. He has over 10 years of experience handling large and complex claims, involving litigation, arbitration and all forms of ADR.
David’s work often involves claims for breach of contract, misrepresentation and shareholder/investor disputes. He regularly advises clients across a range of industry sectors, with a particular focus on life sciences and hotels & leisure.
David sits as an observer on the City of London Law Society Litigation Committee. He is recognised as a “Rising Star” in the 2013 to 2016 (inclusive) editions of London Super Lawyers and is published in a range of industry journals. He is a co-author of the English law chapter of the CMS Guide to International Arbitration.
- A leading hotel & resort operator successfully obtaining injunctive relief preventing the termination of a long term management agreement, in support of LCIA arbitration proceedings.
- A global pharmaceutical company in relation to a USD 500m claim for the recovery of the proceeds of patent litigation and a related shareholder tax claim.
- A hotel owner in a USD 100m dispute with a global hotel operator.
- A multinational corporation in relation to a large-scale fraud committed by its former senior management and related parties.
- A commercial bank defending LCIA arbitration proceedings arising out of a disputed EUR 50 million investor option to acquire shares in a regional commercial bank prior to its merger.
- IT corporation in relation to the defence of a claim by the UK Government concerning a significant and high-profile contract.
- Successful settlement of a substantial joint venture shareholder dispute concerning the building of a luxury hotel in Moscow. In conjunction with CMS Moscow, David assisted the client in defending various claims for breach of contract, fiduciary duty, and fraud (with a total value of approximately USD 1bn) in addition to resisting cross-border injunctive relief in Cyprus and dealing with issues of enforcement in the British Virgin Islands.
2013 – Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
2003 – Legal Practice Course, Nottingham Law School, Nottingham
2002 – Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Nottingham Law School, Nottingham
2001 – BA, University of Birmingham, Birmingham
International Centre for Dispute Resolution
LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
City of London Law Society Litigation Committee (observer)
2015 - Crowdfunding litigation - power to the people? - Legal Business Disputes Yearbook
2015 - No win, no fee, no problem? - The Journal
2013 - Stepping into the unknown – Solicitors Journal
2013 - We've got the power – The Commercial Litigation Journal
2010 - The long road to non-enforcement – Global Arbitration Review
2008 - Bond ‘no action’ clause: covers all claims – Practical Law Company
2016 - Informa EU Pharmaceutical Law Forum
2016 - Hotel Owners Conference