78 Cannon Street
Laurence is a partner in the Commercial / Technology team.
Laurence works on a wide range of commercial and technology-related transactions, including outsourcing deals, licensing / franchising arrangements and services agreements. He acts for buyers and sellers on IP-rich, cross-border M&A transactions, with a focus on resolving complicated business separation issues. Laurence also advises on exploiting IP rights and data / cyber security matters.
Laurence acts for clients across a range of industries, including TMT, retail, infrastructure, energy, and financial services. He is particularly interested in connective technologies and the “internet of things”, and is co-head of CMS’s automotive technology group.
- A global telecommunication services provider on a cutting-edge USD 1bn deal with a major technology supplier, designed to transform the IT business support system environment used in 11 countries across its group into a cloud-based solution.
- CityFibre Infrastructure Holdings on: (i) a strategic, market-leading partnership with Vodafone in 2017 to deliver ultra-fast full fibre broadband to up to 5 million homes and businesses across the UK; and (ii) a 15-year network access and maintenance agreement in connection with its acquisition of over 2000km of long-distance and metropolitan fibre networks from KCOM in 2015.
- Marks & Spencer on the appointment of Tata Consultancy Services as its principal technology partner, in a market-leading transaction involving the full-scale adoption of agile software development methodologies and the implementation of a new commercial model for M&S’s technology function.
- A global e-commerce platform on strategic and innovative solutions for its logistics and transportation arrangements across Europe.
- Clifford Thames on a strategic collaboration to take over Ford’s electronic parts catalogue system, develop the system and then market it to vehicle dealers and other customers.
- Dentsu Aegis Network on a bespoke master services agreement for global advertising services in connection with its strategic acquisition of Paragon Digital.
- Delaware North on a 25-year contract for support and promotional services at the former Olympic Stadium in London.
- Heathrow Airport Holdings (formerly BAA) on the separation and IT and IP aspects of the disposals of Stansted Airport, Gatwick Airport and its World Duty Free business.
- Sellafield on a major public procurement project for the retendering of its outsourced IT estate, including management arrangements for Sellafield to act as lead customer on behalf of a group of UK nuclear site operators.
- A major UK bank on the IT and IP aspects of its acquisition of another UK-based financial institution and the disposal of its Russian and Spanish subsidiaries.
- 2008 – Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Bristol University, Bristol
- 2004 – Legal Practice Course, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, Oxford
- 2003 – Graduate Diploma in Law, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
- 2002 – BA in Modern History, Merton College, University of Oxford, Oxford