Juan Camilo is Managing Partner and leads the Corporate / M&A area and co-leads the Real Estate & Construction practice for the Firm. Furthermore, he is a member of the Latam Committee and the Executive Committee for CMS at an international level. He has advised national and multinational clients in matters related to commercial and civil law and family business and estate planning.
He has a vast experience leading M&A transactions related to divestitures, equity investments and disposal of assets of major companies. He also led the most important management buy-out to have taken place to date in the Colombian financial sector. He has advised investor clients in Colombia and abroad, as well as many multinational companies on issues related to foreign investment in Colombia, shareholder agreements, agency and distribution agreements, corporate governance, competition law, technology transfer agreements and joint venture agreements.
Furthermore, he has more than 20 years of experience advising shareholders of mayor businesses in the development and implementation of estate planning and has more than 20 years of experience on real estate projects.
- 1996-present – Managing Partner, CMS Rodríguez-Azuero, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1998-1999 – Foreign Associate, Sedgwick, Detert Moran & Arnold, New York, NY, USA
- 1998 – Visiting Lawyer, Clyde & Co., London, United Kingdom
- 1994-1995 – Assistant Lawyer, Multinspec Ltda. – Lleras Caicedo Suescún, Bogotá, Colombia
- Juan Camilo Rodríguez, Chambers Global 2020, Corporate / M&A (Band 5)
- Juan Camilo Rodríguez, Chambers Latin America 2020, Corporate / M&A (Band 5)
- Area recognition: Latin Lawyer 250 2020, Corporate / M&A (Juan Camilo Rodríguez, Key Partner)
- Area recognition: Latin Lawyer National 2020, Corporate / M&A (Juan Camilo Rodríguez, Key Partner)
- Area recognition: Leaders League 2020, Corporate/ M&A (Highly recommended)
- Best Lawyers 2020, Corporate / M&A
- Area recognition: Leader League 2020, Corporate / M&A (Highly Recommended)
- Area recognition: Chambers Latin America 2020, Corporate / M&A (Band 4)
- Area recognition: Legal 500 Latin America 2019, Corporate / M&A (Tier 3)
- Area recognition: Legal 500 Latin America 2019, Real Estate (Tier 4)