Im Zollhafen 18
Michael Kamps is an IT compliance expert who advises his clients on the legal and actual interfaces that are created when collecting, processing and using digital data. He advises media, insurance, finance, IT and consumer goods companies on data protection issues and in this context also represents his clients in court or in proceedings instigated by supervisory bodies.
His IT law practice covers the legal issues that arise in the context of IT-supported processing of critical data, business process outsourcing and IT-specific questions of corporate transactions. Michael also has particular e-commerce and online media know-how, in particular with regards to the online distribution of goods and of digital information products.
Michael joined CMS in 2005 and has been a partner since 2012. Alongside his legal practice, he teaches information law at the International Film School (IFS) in Cologne.
- 2000: Second state examination in law
- Trainee lawyer with courts and public authorities in Düsseldorf and Cologne as well as commercial law firms in Düsseldorf and Washington
- Member of the management team of a Swiss-German media production company and responsible for business and legal affairs
- 1996: First state examination in law
- Law studies at the University of Cologne
- CMS Blog, www.cmshs-bloggt.de, 2010, ongoing
- "Data Protection in Tele- and Media Services", "Data Protection in Telecommunications", "Datenschutz in Tele- und Mediendiensten", "Datenschutz in der Telekommunikation", ISBN 3452273997, Luchterhand 2008
- Thunder and Lightning: Public Sector Information Policy Experiences of Private Meteorological Service Providers, in: Burkert u.a., Public Sector Information 2005
- Spartenkanäle öffentlich-rechtlicher Rundfunkanstalten, Zeitschrift für Urheber- und Medienrecht 1999
- Zur Pfändung und Überweisung von Internet-Domain-Namen in den USA, German/American Law Journal 1999
- The "Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act", German/American Law Journal 1999