CMS has advised the CPI group on tax and other corporate and finance matters in the acquisition of FTV and its subsidiary, APE. The acquisition was financed through the Artemid group and Bpifrance Financement.
CPI is a French group founded in 1996 and owned by Impala (52%), Bpifrance (24%) and private investors.
With 16 plants in 7 countries, CPI is one of Europe's leading printers of books and documents for major publishers, manufacturing groups, the service sector and local authorities.
The acquisition will expand the CPI group's range of printing products.
CMS advisors to the CPI group were:
- tax: Laurent Hepp (partner), Gaëtan Berger-Picq (partner), Jean-Charles Benois (counsel), Florian Burnat and Vincent Forestier;
- corporate: Christophe Lefaillet (partner) and Romain Boyet;
- financial: Alexandre Bordenave and Philippe Desvignes.
Other law firms advising were:
- financial: Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP (Cassandre Porges (counsel), Luc Bontoux, Timothée Buchet and Maxime Fradet)
- legal: Shearman & Sterling LLP (Arnaud Fromion (partner), Frédéric Guilloux (counsel), Bruno Valenti)