78 Cannon Street
Monica Lesny is a partner in the Insurance Group. She handles a variety of professional negligence claims and has acted on a number of high value Contractors All Risk disputes.
Following an extended secondment at QBE, her primary focus is on construction professional indemnity insurance and she is currently defending claims involving a range of professionals including architects, engineers, construction/project managers and surveyors. She has particular experience in M&E and infrastructure claims and in addition to matters in the UK, is currently handling claims in Italy, Hungary, Poland and France on behalf of London Market insurers.
- Engineers: in relation to a mineral extraction plant in Chile.
- Architects: high court dispute on the Northern Triangle, Emirates Development.
- Insurers: in connection with a number of arbitrations brought against architects in the UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar).
- Insurers: on a number of high profile multi million fire related claims (against D&B contractors, architects etc).
- Engineers: claim in relation to a large biomass plant in Belgium.
- Insurers: claims arising from the design and construction of waste recycling facilities in Greater Manchester.
- Insurers: on claims and coverage arising from infrastructure projects, and building collapses in Southern and Eastern Europe (including Hungary, Latvia, Portugal and Poland as well as the UK).
- Administrator/Insolvency Practitioner: claims arising from the insolvency of Sixty UK.
- Insurers: on coverage claims arising from provision of a new accommodation module to a mobile drilling platform.
- Farraj and another v King’s Healthcare NHS Trust and another (Court of Appeal)  EWCA Civ 1203.
- LLB - Manchester University
- LPC - Nottingham Law School