78 Cannon Street
Tristan Hall is a Partner in the Insurance & Reinsurance Group of CMS. He specialises in advising Insurers on resolving complex claims and coverage disputes and defends claims made against Professional Services firms, Insolvency office-holders and Directors and Officers.
Tristan is a member of CMS’s cybersecurity team and routinely advises on the management and resolution of cyber breaches and associated follow on claims.
In addition to his contentious practice, Tristan advises Insurers and insurance intermediaries on the development and drafting of innovative and bespoke insurance solutions.
- Advising on significant claim against Telecommunications Company following network outage.
- Defending former joint administrators of high profile Company against £30m misfeasance claim.
- Advising D&O Insurers of listed pharmaceutical company on coverage for significant SEC and FTC investigations.
- Advising Insurers of listed hedge fund on US derivative claims brought against the fund and its directors and officers.
- Defending proceedings commenced against Insurers of financial institution seeking coverage for £100m internal fraud.
- Obtaining injunctive relief for insurer of litigation fund restraining proceedings commenced against it in the US.
- Co-ordinating defence and advising insurers in respect of £15m dishonest assistance claim against offshore professional services firm.
- Advising various companies on their legal and regulatory obligations following data breaches and defending follow on litigation brought by impacted data subjects.
- 2001 – LPC, College of Law, Guildford.
- 2000 – CPE, College of Law, Guildford.
- 1999 – BSc, Cardiff University, Cardiff.
- Directors’ Liability and Indemnification, A Global Guide, Third Edition– Globe Law and Business 2016
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Deskbook, Fourth Edition – American Bar Association, Contributing Editor