Intellectual Property (IP) represents one of the most important resources a company can have, and CMS helps clients to secure and protect such strategic assets. CMS has more than 150 attorneys who specialise in this area and are members of the relevant national and international associations and working parties.
Local and international
We can provide our advice, both for local and international markets, in the
- Brands, trademarks and passing-off
- IP Litigation
- Patents, utility models
- Know-how and confidential information
- Industrial design rights
- Competition law
- Anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy
- Customs proceedings, parallel import- and grey market issues
- Contracts for the protection, management and exploitation of IP rights
- including strategic alliances, technology transfer, licensing, franchising,
- merchandising and R&D agreements
- Evaluation of IP portfolios in the course of due diligence proceedings
- Databases and data protection
Recognised leaders and relationship driven
We are Intellectual Property experts – our highly regarded team of more than 65 partners and over 80 associates has a wealth of IP experience and our lawyers are recognised by all of the legal directories.
We are highly involved in the development of Intellectual Property law and policy – we are members of the International Trade Mark Association (INTA) and serve on a number of INTA committees. We are also members of and play an active role in PTMG, Marques, ITechLaw, AIPLA and AIPPI.
We are recognised industry sector leaders – we focus our Intellectual Property practice around nine industry sectors including:
- Consumer Products
- Mechanical Engineering
- Technology, Media and Communications