78 Cannon Street
Julian is a partner in the Finance Practice Group at CMS London. Julian specialises in non-contentious insolvency and restructuring matters and advises corporates, banks, insolvency practitioners and other stakeholders on a broad range of issues, often with a cross border element. He has acted on a number of Companies Act schemes of arrangement, in particular, in the Financial Services and Insurance sectors.
Julian also has banking and financial services experience, acting on transactions for lenders and in particular borrowers. He provides structuring advice on complex finance transactions and has undertaken transactions across a range of sectors.
Julian also has significant Middle East experience having lived and work for three years in Abu Dhabi.
- BAE on the funding and subsequent administration of Brimar Limited, a key supplier to the business.
- A major energy group on the restructuring of its debt.
- Happy Days nurseries on its Shariah compliant murabaha facility with Bank of London and The Middle East plc.
- Dan Schwarzmann of PricewaterhouseCoopers as administrator of Folksam International Insurance Company (UK) Limited including the implementation of a scheme of arrangement pursuant to the Companies Act 2006.
- Vodafone UK Limited on the solvent liquidation of Mobile by Sainsbury's Limited.
- CityFibre Holdings Limited on the acquisition of the business and assets of H2O Networks Limited acting by its administrators and its subsequent fundraisings.
- A major Los Angeles based studio on a complex financing for the production of multiple television shows.
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank on the US$100m refinancing of a luxury resort in the Maldives.
- 1993 - MA, Robinson College, Cambridge University, Cambridge
- Member of R3
- 2015 - Restructuring Bonds: Legal Issues Under English Law - The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- 2013 - Schemes of Arrangement for Foreign Companies – The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
- 2012 - Schemes of Arrangement for Foreign Companies – The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Recovery and Insolvency