78 Cannon Street
Simon Pilcher is Head of Financial Markets and Pensions Practice Group and specialises in pensions.
Simon joined the firm in 1994 and became a partner in 2003. He advises on all aspects of pensions law including scheme amendments, scheme mergers, Pensions Regulator clearance applications and investigations of the Pensions Ombudsman. He advises both trustees and employers and is specialised in advising on security structures that enhance employer covenants including asset-backed funding arrangements.
Simon is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers, qualified as an associate of the Pensions Management Institute and holds a Diploma in International Employee Benefits.
- Trustees on complex asset backed funding structure concerning transfer of property to a Scottish Limited Partnership.
- Trustees on various security packages including parent company guarantees, fixed and floating charges and purchases of assets from sponsoring employers.
- Trustees of the Saint-Gobain scheme on various section 75 issues, funding matters and major investment review.
- Numerous corporates on pension issues in light of sales and restructurings.
- Extensive knowledge of the powers and workings of the Pensions Regulator.
- 2000 - Diploma in International Employee Benefits
- 2000 - APMI , Pensions Management Institute
- 1994 - LPC (Distinction), University of Exeter, Exeter
- Associate, Pensions Management Institute