Santiago is Partner and leads the Customs Law & Trade practice and co-leads the Tax area for the Firm. He has more than 15 years of experience advising national and international clients in local tax, international tax, customs tax, foreign trade and customs law from the strategic planning perspective. He has experience in the application of free trade agreements and multilateral and binational foreign trade agreements, as well as in treaties to avoid double taxation and in the creation and negotiation of Free Zones and special customs areas. He has been a promoter of foreign trade forums and Foreign Investments.
More than 10 years as a professor of taxation on foreign,Tax Planning and direct foreign investment at the Universidad de la Sabana, and corporate taxation and foreign investment in the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. He has been a guest speaker at various national and international tax events.
- 2020-present – Partner CMS Rodríguez-Azuero, Bogotá. Colombia.
- 2010-2020 – Managing Partner of Unión Navas Arbouin lawyers and leader of Taxes and Foreign Trade of the same firm, Bogota Colombia
- 2007-2010 – Deloitte Colombia Senior Tax & Legal Lawyer, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2007 – Crowe Horwath Senior Tax & Legal Lawyer.
- 2002-2006 – Junior Associate of Taxes & Customs of Zuleta, Acosta, Suarez, Ibarra, Araque & Jaramillo Abogado, Bogotá, Colombia.