78 Cannon Street
Anna Burchner is a partner in the Corporate Tax team at CMS UK.
She has experience in various areas of international tax with particular focus on funds, both in the regulated and unregulated sector. Her experience includes the structuring of fund products, listed and private funds (including venture capital), investments by funds and financial institutions, debt investments, group restructurings, M&A transactions, real estate investments and internationally mobile employees. She also has in depth experience in structuring investments into the UK and in transactional tax work, as well as transfer pricing projects
- Takeda on its EUR 9.6bn acquisition of the Nycomed Group.
- Coutts on tax risks of its cross border business in respect of over 60 overseas locations.
- Commerzbank tax advice on structuring a French alternative fund with UK portfolio manager.
- Riverside Company tax advice and structuring on the acquisition of the Fadata Group.
- Structuring work for the Enterprise Innovation Fund (ENIF), where cornerstone investors are EBRD, EIF, KfW and Western Balkan governments.
- Bouwfonds on due diligence and advice on the sale of a fund portfolio involving UK property.
- Tax structuring advice on various inbound UK property (hotel) investments.
- Willis Towers Watson on various fund investments, fund structuring, related FATCA and CRS matters.
- 2005 - QLTT, College of Law
- 2002 - LL.M in International and European Tax Law, University of Leiden
- 2000 - Doctor of Law and Political Sciences, ELTE University Budapest