78 Cannon Street
Anne is a partner in the Finance Group. Her practice covers various industry sectors with a main focus on telecoms, media and technology. Anne is also qualified project manager.
Anne started her career in the global loans department of Allen & Overy before joining Olswang where she advised on a wide variety of deals in the technology, media and telecommunications sectors including Sportech plc, euNetworks, Cityfibre, the Shine Group and various lenders.
Anne has advised senior lenders, junior lenders and borrowers. Her experience includes dealing with the financing of a large retail business in financial difficulty, the financial restructuring of real estate portfolios, the sale and refinancing of a hotels portfolio and advising on intercreditor issues.
In addition, Anne is a transaction project management specialist working on improving deal efficiency and profitability with budget and deal management tools and process efficiency through process management exercises. Anne holds the PRINCE 2 Practitioner qualification (PRINCE 2 is a structured project management methodology).
Beyond project management Anne has a keen interest in developing innovative ways of working and providing legal services including with new technologies (including AI) and is one of the Innovation Champions of the firm. Anne also attends the meeting of the All Parties Parliamentary Group in Artificial Intelligence.
Accolades include the following in the Legal 500 2016: “Anne Chitan understands the commercial risk areas of a deal and can be trusted to run a transaction”. Anne was further recommended in the Legal 500 2017 in derivatives and structured products.
Anne has won numerous awards. The latest being Finance Monthly Global Awards as Banking Adviser of the Year UK and Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year UK for 2017, Top Real Estate Advisors of 2016 in AI Magazine, Lawyer Monthly: Women in Law award in 2014, 2015 and 2016, listed as a rising star and then as super lawyer in Super Lawyers Magazine in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and shortlisted for Finance Monthly Law Awards in the category of Banking and Finance UK in 2014 and 2015.
Internally Anne has won the prestigious scholarship offered by CMS to participate in 2018 to the Building on Talent course run by the IMD.
- 2 financings for multi Oscar winner special effects company Double Negative and 2 financings for its parent animation and special effects company Prime Focus.
- 2 multi-jurisdictional refinancings of AIM listed Sportech plc.
- Multi-jurisdictional financing and related refinancings of ex-Singapore listed euNetworks Group.
- Financing of Cityfibre Limited including in relation to the KCOM acquisition.
- Refinancing of a high profile Soho club.
- Murabaha financing of nursery business.
- Real estate investment facilities for shopping centres in England and Scotland representing an aggregate debt of just over £500,000,000.
- Real estate development facility for major media and technology hub in East London.
- 2017 - PRINCE 2 Practitioner qualification (Structured project management methodology)
- 2002 - Legal Practice Centre – Nottingham Law School
- 2002 - Master of Letter Thesis (EC Law and Private International Law) - Oxford University
- 2001 - Post-graduate Diploma in Law - Nottingham Law School
- 1998 - Diplome d'Etudes Approfondies (Private International Law) Sorbonne University of Paris 1
- 1997 - LLM (European Law and Human Rights) - Kings College London
- 1992–1996 - Undergraduate degree in law – University of Paris XI – Sceaux, France
- 1992–1996 - Diploma of translation in English and German - Institut Superieur d'Interpretation et de Traduction
- 1995 -ERASMUS non-graduating degree in law - University of Edinburgh
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner qualification (Structured project management methodology)
- 2018 - “Electronic signature of documents” – LMA News, #1
- Dec 2016 - "Project management in private practice: law change in methodology can improve client's experience and recovery" – Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law
- Dec 2015 - "In Practice – TMT Finance: Part IV" in collaboration with Charles Kerrigan and Ruth Marken – Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law
- Sept 2015 - "In Practice - TMT Finance: Part III" in collaboration with Charles Kerrigan and Ruth Marken - Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law
- June 2015 - "In Practice - TMT Finance: Part II" in collaboration with Charles Kerrigan and Ruth Marken - Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law
- Sept 2013 - "Borrowing from a fund: 10 points to watch out for in LMA documentation" in collaboration with Charles Kerrigan - Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, (Vol. 28 - No. 8)