78 Cannon Street
Julie is a partner in the firm's Real Estate Dispute Resolution team with over 20 years’ experience dealing with a huge variety of contentious property issues, with an emphasis on providing commercially driven solutions through advice, negotiation and various forms of dispute resolution.
Julie’s expertise includes dealing with major commercial, residential and mixed-use development schemes, advising on development constraints including rights of light for numerous developments, rights of way, restrictive covenants, vacant possession strategies and Telecoms Code. Julie also advises on all aspects and issues arising from the landlord and tenant relationship including rent review and dilapidations, property related insolvency, contractual disputes, issues arising on the sale/purchase of freehold/long leasehold interests and all aspects of mixed use and residential property. Julie has experience of mediation, expert determination, arbitration, High Court and County Court claims.
- Waterloo development site – service of light obstruction notices on over 1000 addresses under temporary and definitive certificates and dealing with a dispute with neighbouring developer and impact of schemes on each party’s development.
- 22 Bishopsgate – advising on rights of light of a substantial number of adjoining properties. Dealing with a dispute concerning the interpretation of historic deeds.
- Successfully represented the landlord, Elmfield Road Limited, in High Court proceedings on the interpretation of a rent review clause in 2016.
- City of London building – acting for adjoining owner in relation to interference with rights of light caused by neighbouring development and threatening injunction proceedings.
- Acting for the developer of major City of London scheme advising on rights of light of a substantial number of adjoining properties, tactics and rights of light insurance.
- Acting for the purchaser of landmark City of London development site advising on neighbouring properties, terms of rights of light insurance, terms of the sale contract and negotiating deeds of release.
- Acting for the developer of Vauxhall site defending injunction proceedings for crane oversailing and interference with rights of light.
- Acting on mixed-use scheme for Notting Hill Gate developer, advising on development constraints and strategy.
- Advising residential developer of Victoria site on rights of light.
- Advising developer of Fulham site on neighbourly matters including rights of light and right of way claim.
- Advising adjoining owner of Vauxhall site subject to CPO for Northern line extension on rights of light claim against the developer.
- Acting for the developer of Strand site,dealing with vacant possession strategy of large multi-let mixed use site.
- Acting for the developer of the major mixed-use scheme in London in proceedings with adjoining owner concerning crane oversailing, rights of light and party wall dispute.
- Advising major property company as in arbitration proceedings concerning tenant dispute of refusal of consent to assign a multi-million long leasehold interest to a non-UCITS retail scheme.
- Acting for fixed charge receivers in the enforcement of a loan over two properties where borrower sought an injunction to restrain sale by action.
- Advising on rights of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 validity of section 5 notices and structuring of title for existing mixed-use premises and proposed residential development sites.
- Acting for landlord client in proceedings relating to non-compliance with break clause pre-conditions.
- 1990 – University of Westminster
- 1991 – Lancaster Gate Law School
- Member, Property Litigation Association
- Editorial Board Member, Property LexisNexis
- Estates Gazette
- RICS, Accessible Retailers, CPD Foundation, University of Westminster, numerous firms of surveyors