Louis is co-head of technology for CMS's UK corporate group. He's a generalist corporate lawyer with specialist expertise in tech, internet and e-commerce transactions.
Louis is tech-obsessed and was writing database software at 15. Although experienced in many sectors, Louis is best known for transactions in tech assets where he represents multinationals, large corporates, scale-ups, start-ups, entrepreneurs and financial investors on M&A, fundraisings and investments, capital market transactions, joint ventures, reorganisations and general business advice. Louis' work is mainly cross-border and he has worked for prominent UK, US and Israeli law firms.
Louis leads the CMS Israel Desk and works from London, Tel Aviv and elsewhere as his clients require. He regularly leads Israel-related transactions in his fluent Hebrew. Having been an Advocate at the Israeli Bar from 2005 to 2019, Louis is now a registered foreign lawyer in Israel.
Louis has extensive direct business experience as:
- trustee for 5 years of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, a prominent charity established to promote computer science education by developing and marketing the best-selling British computer of all time, with over 30 million units sold;
- founding director of the ScaleUp Institute, a not-for-profit company focused on making the UK the best place to scale up a business; and
- founder of micro-roastery Spring Hill Coffee.
Louis was recommended by Legal 500:
- in 2021/2020 for venture capital: ‘brilliant and inspiring. Always personal and always practical and pragmatic. It never feels like you are on the clock... very human’;
- in 2017 for fintech: 'For corporate work, M&A expert Louis Glass, who has particular experience in technology, internet and e-commerce transactions, is recommended.';
- in 2014, for M&A: mid-market, £50- £250m; and
- in 2013, for IT and Telecoms: 'a thoughtful corporate lawyer, with a candid approach and sense of humour'.