78 Cannon Street
Matthew is a partner in the CMS Technology and Sourcing Team.
He specialises in advising on outsourcing, offshoring and shared services (both BPO and ITO), procurement, logistics and other strategic or complex commercial contracts and arrangements. He assists clients in all phases of their commercial relationships from designing procurement processes through to disputes and exits.
He has extensive experience advising customers and suppliers across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus in Retail and Technology, Media & Communications..
His clients include some of the largest IT and outsourcing suppliers in Europe as well as large multinational consumers of IT, business process and outsourcing services.
Before returning to private practice (in 2010) Matthew was the UK General Counsel for the largest technology service provider in the UK. In this role he was responsible for the negotiation of some the largest outsourcing transactions in Europe, including some of the most high profile transactions with the UK Government, and he also sat on UK Board which oversaw the delivery of the these projects.
- A global insurer on the transformation of its IT infrastructure. Advice included an innovative SIAM structure between the client and it vendors.
- A global IT and telecoms provider on a five-year contract to provide a global network backbone and European network to a multination brewing company.
- Delaware North on its 25-year contract to manage operations at the London Stadium in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- M&S on its transformation of its core IT infrastructure, network and in-store technology. This involved the consolidation of 7 Vendors relationship into 3 strategic partnerships.
- A global retailer on all aspects of its logistics and transportation across Europe. This involved the development of its 3PL strategy, logistics and transportation standards.
- A global company on the implementation of a go to market logistics strategy across Europe.
- DHL on the procurement of its enterprise software agreement, including Oracle, IBM and SAP.
- A client on a complex dispute in relation to 5 year £1bn outsourcing contract. Initially this involved issuing proceedings in the High Court but ultimately resulted in a realignment and extension of the relationship.
- 1995 - University of Otago, New Zealand
- 1995 - Barrister and Solicitor - New Zealand
- 2000 – Attorney - New York Bar
- 2002 – Solicitor - England and Wales