Co-Head of Media
Co-Head of Media
78 Cannon Street
Victoria is a partner in the commercial team and co-head of the media practice. Having worked in Olswang's media team for over 15 years Victoria focuses on commercial, regulatory and transactional work for the content and digital media industries and her clients include production companies, distributors, platforms and channels as well as brands and advertisers. Victoria also acts for talent and advises on brand exploitation, joint ventures and publishing deals.
Victoria also does significant transactional work for clients alongside the corporate media team on media sector M&A and joint ventures.
Victoria has spent time on secondment with ITV Network's programme commissioning team and most recently at NBC Universal in the role of SVP Business and Legal Affairs International TV Production.
Victoria also advises non-media sector clients on a range of commercial contracts and online activities, including social media, product placement and content production and exploitation.
She speaks regularly at conferences on issues affecting the content industries.
Victoria is recognised as a Leading Individual in Legal 500 and is listed as a Notable Practitioner for TMT: Media (Europe Wide) Chambers Global 2017 and ranked Tier 3 in Chambers & Partners for Film and Television.
- NBCUniversal on its international co-production deal with TF1 and RTL and its joint venture with Harry Potter producer, David Heyman.
- 21st Century Fox on its joint venture with Apollo merging Shine, Endemol and Core Media to create the world's largest independent television production group.
- BBC Worldwide on its long-term creative partnership with AMC Networks under which AMC Networks invested $200m to acquire a 49.9% equity stake in cable channel BBC AMERICA.
- Viacom International Media Networks on commercial and regulatory aspects of its recent acquisition of Channel 5, a game changing deal in the UK television sector.
- Warner Bros. on its acquisition of Netherlands-based movie and television producer Eyeworks Group.
- Various big brand clients on advertising and marketing issues, including product placement and advertising regulation and acting for Mayborn Group, owners of the Tommee Tippee brand, on a range of digital initiatives.
- IMG, the global sports, fashion, and media company on its strategic partnership with Livestream (Livestream.com), a market leader in live video streaming for online distribution.
- Viacom International Media Networks on its channel carriage negotiations for the MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central channels on Sky’s satellite and broadband platforms as well as on Virgin. Victoria also advised on the licensing of VOD rights for Anytime+ and the re-shuffling of the channels in the Sky EPG as well as joint venture arrangements.
- BBCW Worldwide on the sale of its magazines division to Exponent Private Equity and on its recent partnership with Getty for a global online clip sales portal.
- Arts Alliance Media on its EU wide roll out of digital cinema projection systems including negotiating its virtual print fee deals with Hollywood studios (the first of their kind) and on its arrangements with exhibitors and manufacturers.
- 1999 - LLB, English Law and French Law, University College London