The Asia-Pacific region (APAC) has seen extensive Belt and Road (BRI) investment already, and promises much more.
But our survey of BRI participants in APAC reveals unexpected levels of ambivalence about some aspects of BRI projects.
Can these potential difficulties be tackled in a way that will address concerns about issues such as transparency and sustainability, and encourage the greater involvement of international businesses that China hopes to see? And how are the unprecedented problems of 2020, including the global pandemic and trade disputes, affecting the prospects of BRI?
Our APAC report looks at issues including:
- Difficulties in BRI projects experienced by APAC participants, and the potential for resolving these.
- The effects of Covid-19 on BRI.
- Mitigating BRI risk and managing disputes.
- Potential trends in the financing of BRI projects.
- The sectors attracting the most interest among BRI participants.
- The impact of BRI 2.0.