Relocating talent safely, smartly, and seamlessly
As an international business, you need your best people to be mobile. That can require assigning executives and employees to different territories – often at short notice.
CMS Expat Desk – part of the largest employment and tax teams in Europe – provides complete and co-ordinated advice and support on tax, pensions, social security, pay
and employment law for expatriate employees.
Global support – from one point
Our expatriate specialists are networked across 43 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America to give you multi-jurisdictional support – all serviced from a single point of contact.
From the start to termination of an assignment, we can help ensure the optimal legal, tax and remuneration arrangements for both for the employee and for your business.
With our support, you are free to deploy your people wherever they need to be – swiftly and seamlessly.
Our team can:
- Draw up employee contracts covering all legal aspects of an assignment in any given jurisdiction
- Keep you up to speed on the tax and social security regimes in each territory – and help relocated staff navigate any potential pitfalls in the system.
- Advise on optimising the benefits of an employee’s expatriate status – e.g. in terms of tax, remuneration and pension arrangements
- Help your business manage multi-jurisdictional payroll and tax obligations
- Advise on sponsoring pension schemes in multiple countries, international transfer of benefits and enabling employees to continue scheme participation.
Watch the videos for information about regimes in different countries. For more details about offers in individual jurisdictions and legal assistance feel free to reach out to your usual CMS contact or send an email to [email protected].