78 Cannon Street
Martin Evans is a Partner and the Head of our Planning Team. He has a 28 year track record of advising on all aspects of planning law including strategic advice on regeneration projects, local development frameworks, neighbourhood development planning, environmental assessment, outline and full applications, judicial review, simplified planning zones, local development orders, community infrastructure levy, compulsory purchase, complex planning and highways agreements, highways and other orders, appeals, called-in applications, public inquiries and examinations in public.
Martin’s clients include the UK's major development and property investment companies, local authorities, Government agencies, sports and leisure developers, retailers, housebuilders, warehouse clubs, education providers and infrastructure companies.
- Hammerson and Standard Life on the Brent Cross/Cricklewood regeneration scheme, London’s largest private sector urban regeneration project.
- Project Blue Limited, acting for the developers of the Chelsea Barracks site in London. This will be the UK’s most valuable residential scheme.
- SEGRO on its application for permission for 1.3m square feet of office development at the Slough Trading Estate and on other major commercial development schemes including East Plus.
- Onslow (Suffolk) Limited on successfully securing permission from the Secretary of State for the Snoasis winter sports leisure scheme near Ipswich.
- Long Port Group on major new housing proposals at Wigan, Telford and Dawlish and on the Guernsey Data Park. Advice and appearance at the first Examination in Public into a Neighbourhood Development Plan in the UK.
- Costco on its warehouse club development portfolio in England and Wales.
- Hammerson on securing planning permission for major city centre mixed use regeneration schemes for Victoria Gate in Leeds and Sevenstone in Sheffield and on its 60 Threadneedle and 125 Old Broad Street office schemes in the City of London.
- The Spitalfields Development Group on securing permission for the Bishops Square mixed use scheme in the City on the site of the former western part of Spitalfields Market.
- McArthur Glen on securing planning permission for a major extension to the Ashford Designer Outlet Centre.
- AREA on the “Round” masterplan for Telford Town Centre.
- 1986 – LLB Southampton University