Home / Press / CMS advises Bobst Group of Switzerland on acquisition...

CMS advises Bobst Group of Switzerland on acquisition of strategic majority stake in Nuremberg-based CITO Group

16/04/2020

Frankfurt/Main – The Bobst Group SA, which is based in Mex (Switzerland), has taken a strategic majority shareholding (51%) in CITO-SYSTEM GmbH of Schwaig near Nuremberg. By joining forces, the parties aim to leverage the strengths of the two companies to drive innovation in tool making and in packaging production worldwide. CITO-SYSTEM’s management holds the other 49% of the company and will continue to run the business, retaining the existing brands and sales structures.

A CMS team headed by lead partner Dr Hendrik Hirsch advised the Bobst Group on all legal aspects of the transaction. This included legal due diligence, the structuring of the transaction, contract negotiations and support around notifying the competition authorities.

The Bobst Group is one of the world’s leading suppliers of substrate processing, printing and converting equipment and services for the label, flexible packaging, folding carton and corrugated board industries. Established in 1890 by Joseph Bobst in Lausanne (Switzerland), Bobst has a presence in more than 50 countries. It operates 16 production sites across 8 countries and employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. The Group posted consolidated sales of CHF 1,636 million in the 2019 financial year.

CITO-SYSTEM is a privately owned company with international operations and is headquartered in Schwaig near Nuremberg. It is a leader in creasing systems used in the packaging industry. The company has its roots in a cardboard packaging business founded in 1906. CITO-SYSTEM is regarded as an expert in the manufacture of packaging made of paper, cardboard and corrugated board. It supplies corrugated board converters, display manufacturers, folding box firms, die makers and printers on all continents. CITO-SYSTEM employs 240 people.

CMS Germany

Dr Hendrik Hirsch, Lead Partner
Dr Christoph Vaske, Senior Associate
Maxine Notstain, Associate, all Corporate/M&A
Dr Andreas Hofelich, Partner, Employment
Stefan Lehr, Partner, Competition & EU
Dr Thomas Link, Partner
Jörg Schrade, Partner
Isabella Denninger, Senior Associate, Tax
Dr Tobias Sdunzig, Associate, Real Estate & Public
Dr Joachim Kaetzler, Partner, Banking & Finance
Albert Fischer, Senior Legal Consultant
Alexander Borchers, Coordinating Legal Consultant
Fazila Ahmad, Legal Consultant
Steven Washington, Legal Consultant, all Smart Operations

CMS Austria

Johannes Trenkwalder
David Kohl

CMS Italy

Massimo Trentino
Kyriaki Karypidou

CMS Czech Republic

Helen Rodwell
Pavel Kocian

CMS UK

Graeme Bruce
Jordan Kerr

CMS Netherlands

Christian Delgado
Isabelle van den Hoogen

Press Contact
[email protected]

Related people

Hendrik Hirsch
Dr. Hendrik Hirsch
Partner
Frankfurt
Christoph Vaske
Dr. Christoph Vaske
Senior Associate
Frankfurt
Maxine Notstain
Maxine Notstain
Associate
Frankfurt
Andreas Hofelich
Dr. Andreas Hofelich
Partner
Cologne
Stefan Lehr
Stefan Lehr
Partner
Frankfurt
Thomas Link
Dr. Thomas Link
Partner
Frankfurt
Jörg Schrade
Jörg Schrade
Partner
Munich
Dr. Isabella Denninger
Senior Associate
Munich
Tobias Sdunzig
Dr. Tobias Sdunzig
Associate
Frankfurt
Joachim Kaetzler
Dr. Joachim Kaetzler
Partner
Frankfurt
Alexander Borchers
Alexander Borchers, LL.M.
Coordinating Consultant
Berlin
Steven Washington, LL.M.
Consultant
Berlin
Albert Fischer
Fazila Ahmad
Johannes Trenkwalder
David-Kohl-CMS-AT
David Kohl
Associate
Vienna
Massimo Trentino
Massimo Trentino
Partner
Rome
Kyriaki Karypidou
Helen Rodwell
Helen Rodwell
Managing Partner
Prague
Pavel Kocián
Bruce Graeme
Graeme Bruce
Partner
Glasgow
Jordan Kerr
Picture of Christian Delgado
Christian Delgado
Isabelle-van-den-Hoogen
Isabelle van den Hoogen
Advocaat
Amsterdam
Show more Show less