78 Cannon Street
Jackie Vallat is a Senior Associate in the Competition & Trade Team in London and advises on a range of antitrust and merger control issues, including obtaining EU and UK merger control clearances, EU and UK investigations and issues, competition law risk management and compliance training. Jackie focuses on financial services and TMC, and has advised extensively on antitrust issues and compliance in those sectors. Jackie also has particular expertise advising on regulatory issues, especially the EU and UK regulatory framework for electronic communications, and frequently advises TMC clients on the regulatory aspects of their mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining CMS, Jackie was a stagiaire at the European Court of Justice and the European Commission, where she worked on competition and IP issues associated with the ‘Open Innovation’ model resulting in a report published by the European Commission.
- Arora Group on the competition and regulatory aspects of its planning application for Heathrow expansion and its participation as an interested party in the judicial review claims against the Government’s decision to designate the Airport National Policy Statement.
- Comcast on all media merger control and media regulatory aspects of its ultimately unsuccessful US$65 billion bid to acquire 21st Century Fox.
- ITV plc on the competition aspects of its licensing arrangements with ad-tech firm Amobee to create a programmatic TV ad platform.
- SSE plc on the competition and regulatory aspects of the sale of a 50% stake of its telecommunications business to Infracapital for £380m.
- A fund manager on the initial stages of the Financial Conduct Authority’s first ever decision using its competition enforcement powers, including responding to the statement of objections.
- Aviva Investors on the competition and regulatory aspects of several recent acquisitions in the sector, including its £75 million stake in Truespeed and £46 million investment in Country Broadband.
- Liberty Global on coordinating the media and communications regulatory requirements and notifications relating to the Czech, Hungarian and Romanian aspects of the €18.4 billion sale of its European assets to Vodafone.
- 2011 – LPC (Distinction), BPP, London
- 2010 – GDL (Distinction), Kaplan Law School, London
- 2008 – LLM (High 2:1), University of Cambridge, Cambridge
- 2007 – Maîtrise de Droit Economique et des Affaires (Mention Tres Bien), Université de Nice-Sophie Antipolis, Nice (France)
Member of the Law Society's Competition Section
Women in Telecoms and Technology
- GCR’s Antimonopoly and Unilateral Conduct in the UK (2016 to 2019) with Brian Sher
- LexisNexis’ TMT Regulation chapter of The Financing of Intangible Assets: TMT Finance and Emerging Technologies (co-author)
- PLC First Use of FCA competition powers: flexing its muscles (April 2019) with Caroline Hobson, Simon Morris and Alison McHaffie
- CMS Network Sharing Study 3.0 (December 2017) with Chris Watson and Russell Hoare
- European Commission’s Intellectual Property and Legal Issues in Open Innovation (May 2009)