78 Cannon Street
Paul Edmondson is a partner in our Financial Services & Products team. He has over 20 years’ experience advising financial institutions on a range of regulatory and commercial issues.
Clients include banks, insurance companies (life and non-life), investment managers, insurance intermediaries, managing agents, broker-dealers and platforms, as well as the large corporate/pension fund clients of these institutions.
- Regulatory change projects –insurers on Solvency II, fund managers on AIFMD and investment firms on MiFID II.
- Governance –banks and insurers on the implementation of the senior managers regime
- New products and services - advising a multi-national consultancy and investment manager on the development and launch of a range of pension products and a strategic tie-up with a platform and administration provider.
- New distribution –a high street bank on multi-channel, multi-country distribution agreements with insurers.
- Reorganisation –an international insurance group on a pan-European reorganisation in 18 countries through Part VII transfers and cross-border mergers and helping a high street bank to restructure its wealth management and advice offering.
- Preparing for regulator visits –an insurance company for an FCA visit under the firm systematic framework and advising on the firm’s response.
- Compliance with PRA and FCA rules and EU regulation – a wide range of prudential, governance and conduct issues.
- Section 166 (skilled person appointments) – a global broker on how to handle and respond to a section 166 investigation.
- Getting authorised – obtaining PRA/FCA/FSA authorisation for numerous insurers, investment managers, mortgage lenders, brokers and intermediaries.
- Commercial contracts – drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts including investment management, custody, platform, distribution and outsourcing agreements.
- MA Law, Trinity College, Cambridge