78 Cannon Street
Rob Willis is a partner in the Corporate/M&A Team at CMS London. He has been practising since 2004 and deals with all aspects of corporate work, including private company and business acquisitions and disposals, public takeovers, fundraisings and IPOs, joint ventures and reorganisations.
Rob has particular experience advising on transactions in the Technology, Media & Communication and Gaming sectors. He also has experience of the public markets in the UK having advised on numerous flotations, secondary fundraisings and restructurings by issuers on both the Official List and AIM, acting for issuers, brokers, sponsors and nomads.
- The Gamesys Group, the leading online gaming group, and its majority shareholders, on its c.£490m sale to JPJ Group plc and pre-sale carve out of its sports betting and games content business.
- The shareholders and management of legal business intelligence provider, Globe Business Media Group, on its acquisition by Law Business Research Ltd, a portfolio company of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
- The Rank Group plc on its acquisition of the YoBingo Group, a leading Spanish online casino and bingo business, for up to EUR 52m.
- The Gamesys Group on the acquisition of Livescore, a global sports media publisher.
- Intellectual Property & Software Limited, European Domain Management Limited and Rocket 9 Limited on the sale of their online casino business to Swedish mobile gaming company LeoVegas for GBP 65m.
- 32Red Group plc, the AIM-quoted online gaming company, on its GBP 175.6m recommended offer by Kindred Group plc.
- The Endemol Shine Group on various transactions, including the establishment of new drama production company, Wild Mercury Productions; the acquisition of a majority interest in animation studio, Simon's Cat; the equity investment into social gaming company, Plumbee and subsequent sale of Plumbee to GSN Games.
- The Gamesys Group on the sale of its Jackpotjoy, Starspins and Botemania branded real money and social gaming business to The Intertain Group Limited, for an initial purchase price of GBP 425.8m in cash and shares, plus an earn out.
- Capital & Regional plc, the Main Market listed specialist retail property company, on its acquisition of further units in the Mall Fund, the UK dominant community shopping centre fund, for approximately GBP 213m and related capital raising carried out by way of an underwritten firm placing, placing and open offer to raise approximately GBP 165m.
- The BetFred Group on the establishment of a joint venture to acquire the various assets and racetrack formerly known as Great Leighs.
- Warner Music Group Corp. on its acquisition of Parlophone Label Group from Universal Music Group.
- The Gamesys Group on its acquisition of Virgin Games.
- 2002 - LPC, Nottingham Law School, Nottingham
- 2001 - BA Law with European Law, Nottingham University, Nottingham