78 Cannon Street
Rory is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution Team. Rory advises on a wide range of commercial and financial disputes, with extensive experience acting for professionals and their insurers in the defence of complex and high-value professional negligence claims, and particular expertise representing solicitors.
He has represented clients in the UK Supreme Court, the Court of Session and sheriff courts across Scotland. Rory is qualified in Scotland and in England and Wales
- A solicitor and their professional indemnity insurers in a successful appeal to the UK Supreme Court, in one of the most significant solicitor's negligence cases in recent years.
- A firm of solicitors and their professional indemnity insurers in the successful defence of a complex and high-value claim involving allegations of dishonest assistance and negligence.
- An insolvency practitioner in the successful defence of a multi-million pound claim involving allegations of negligence.
- A major UK company in the successful defence of a high-value contractual claim and subsequent expert determination.
- Three secondments to the dispute resolutions teams of two of the UK’s largest financial firms.
- 2007 – Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh.
- 2004 – M.Litt. in Management, Economics and International Relations, University of St Andrews, St Andrews.
- 2003 – LL.B., University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh.