Highlights of our experience in Retail in the UK
- Marks & Spencer on commercial contracts for many years. Key projects include assisting M&S to rationalise its top IT suppliers and enhance its IT infrastructure; improving its supply chain process; and negotiating celebrity endorsement agreements.
- Sainsbury’s, on all aspects of their real estate portfolio and on real estate disputes.
- Costco, for over 20 years on real estate matters in the UK as well as on planning and construction law, employment, commercial litigation, trade mark, tax, health and safety and corporate matters.
- Yoox Net-A-Porter Group on the English law aspects of its joint venture with Symphony Investments to create the Middle East’s undisputed leader for online luxury retail.
- French Connection on the disposal of its majority stake in fashion and homeware label Toast to Danish fashion group Bestseller United.
- Direct Wines, on brand protection, real estate matters, marketing, procurement and other contractual matters, employment matters, including executive remuneration and share schemes, taxation issues and on the sale of the Virgin Wines business
- Dune on a range of IP matters covering copyright and design rights, as well as on the refinancing of its debt.
- CBPE Capital on the acquisition of cutting-edge online furniture retailer, Sofa.com
- Uniqlo on the fashion retailer’s property portfolio in the UK.
- White Stuff, on all aspects of IP defence and enforcement across Europe, as well as on financing, commercial, corporate, employee and employee share scheme matters.
- Delhaize, the Belgian international food retailer on its EUR932.5 million acquisition of the Serbian DeltaMaxi Group.
- The Hut Group, the British ecommerce company, in its acquisition of ESPA, a world renowned leader in spas and skincare excellence.