6 Queens Road
Alison Woods leads the CMS Human Capital (Employment & Pensions) Team in Scotland.
She has specialised in employment law throughout her career, acting for employer and senior executive clients.
Alison advises on the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment law, with particular depth in the oil and gas industry, working closely with the firm's energy, projects and construction group. She is praised for assisting clients through business change, and is frequently called upon to support sensitive issues at boardroom level.
Alison is regularly involved in delivering seminars and training for a wide range of clients, and has generally built a reputation for providing timely, commercial, jargon-free advice.
- Numerous energy companies on restructure and collective redundancies.
- Various oil service companies on corporate and asset acquisitions (TUPE), including all aspects of employment diligence and (post) transactional support.
- A unionised business on industrial relations issues and related negotiations.
- A large financial services provider on its acquisition and integration of additional business streams.
- An aviation business on tribunal claims including discrimination.
- An oil and gas operator on its deepening of its staff model and resulting service provision change.
- An international drilling contractor on European data privacy compliance.
- An oil major on various transactions in its disposal of offshore assets.
- An international employer on the variation of contractual bonus arrangements.
- A subsea company on a bespoke management training programme.
2006 – admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales
2001 – Admitted as a solicitor in Scotland, and Notary Public
2000 - Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen
1999 - LLB (Hons), University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen