Co-Head of Employment
Co-Head of Employment
6 Queens Road
Alison is the co-head of the CMS UK employment team, and has over 15 years’ experience working with employer and senior executive clients. Alison works across a range of sectors, and has particular depth in energy matters, where she has an enviable client base.
Alison has a strong interest in assisting clients through business change, which sees her advising on collective level change, the employment aspects of corporate transactions, TUPE/business transfers and restructures. She is frequently called on to support sensitive issues at boardroom level, and supports clients in management reorganisations and employee/industrial relations matters, from strategic input through to implementation. On a day-to-day basis Alison advises clients on their full range of employment needs, from policy drafting, to defending tribunal claims.
Alison has expertise in HR data privacy issues, and regularly works alongside colleagues on data privacy compliance. She is also a board member of the CMS international employment practice, and has wide experience working on and project-managing international instructions.
- Numerous energy companies on restructure and collective redundancies.
- Various oil service companies on corporate and asset acquisitions (TUPE), including all aspects of employment diligence and (post) transactional support.
- A unionised business on industrial relations issues and related negotiations.
- A large financial services provider on its acquisition and integration of additional business streams.
- An aviation business on tribunal claims including discrimination.
- An oil and gas operator on its deepening of its staff model and resulting service provision change.
- An international drilling contractor on European data privacy compliance.
- An oil major on various transactions in its disposal of offshore assets.
- An international employer on the variation of contractual bonus arrangements.
- A subsea company on a bespoke management training programme.
- 2006 – admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales
- 2001 – Admitted as a solicitor in Scotland, and Notary Public
- 2000 - Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen
- 1999 - LLB (Hons), University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen