20 Castle Terrace
Colin Hutton has over 20 years' experience in dispute avoidance and resolution. He has acted for a wide range of clients and has significant experience working with financial services and energy sector clients. He also advises on shareholder disputes and disputes relating to corporate transactions.
Colin specialises in the project management of the dispute resolution process and he advises clients on fraud issues and Bribery Act investigations. He is a keen advocate of alternative dispute resolution and regularly uses mediation to effectively resolve disputes.
- Energy dispute: a global oil & gas exploration and production company in successfully obtaining interim orders to prevent breach of confidence.
- Banking dispute: a UK clearing Bank in leading case on break charges in fixed rate products.
- Corporate transaction: minority shareholders in successfully opposing £30m unfair prejudice claim.
- Energy dispute: major UK energy company in relation to £100m insurance claim following turbine blade liberation event.
- Banking dispute: a major UK bank in relation to a significant dispute involving the alleged fraudulent use of a power of attorney.
- Corporate transaction: a major manufacturing company in relation to a £5m claim in respect of a claim for loss of profits relating to the purchase of a paper brand.
- Energy dispute: successfully resolving trademark and copyright infringement claims against UK oil services company.
- Banking dispute: UK clearing bank in £10m misselling claim.
- Corporate transaction: successfully defending £10m claim for alleged breach of licence agreements relating to online booking software.
- 1995 - Dip LP, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- 1994 - LLB (Hons), University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh