78 Cannon Street
Sarah Grenfell is a solicitor-advocate and Partner in our Infrastructure, Construction and Energy (ICE) Disputes Group.
Specialising in high-value disputes, Sarah regularly advises clients on all forms of dispute resolution, including international arbitration (ad hoc and institutional) and High Court litigation.
Sarah is a member of, among others, the IBA, LCIA, ICC (Sarah is a member of the ICC Task Force on Emergency Arbitrator Proceedings) and Society of Construction Law.
- A global engineering company in relation to disputes over the alleged failures of gas turbines in a major Middle East power plant.
- An SPV in PPP hospital project in its operational phase, including in relation to issues concerning defects in the firestopping.
- A respondent state in a pending contentious case before the International Court of Justice.
- A global energy company in relation to claims made under a joint bidding agreement relating to an oil field in the MENA region.
- An operator in the Middle East in relation to an LCIA arbitration and claims of approximately US450 million arising from a construction contract relating to an oilfield development project.
- A large Russian energy company in an LCIA arbitration in relation to a dispute over the consequences of the termination of a SPA.
- Force majeure claims for a ‘Big Six’ energy supplier in the Commercial Court, to avoid significant payments under a take or pay contract.
- A claim for an offshore excavation company seeking damages for premature contract termination and defending a significant counterclaim relating to the capabilities and quality of the equipment, achieving a beneficial settlement through mediation.
- A main contractor on multi-billion dollar disputes and possible arbitration proceedings in relation to civil works in Dubai.
- A UAE financial institution in US$100 million arbitration proceedings (ICC) arising from breach of contract and bad faith.
- A main contractor in relation to US$20 million delay and disruption claims brought by a sub-contractor.
- A US$300 million professional negligence and fraud claim arising from the sale and purchase of a chain of retail electronic stores in the UAE.
- Multiplex Constructions (UK) in the case of Multiplex Constructions v Cleveland Bridge, relating to a dispute arising from the construction of the National Stadium at Wembley.
- 2004 - LLM, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- 2003 - Admitted as a Solicitor in Australia
- 2002 - LLB, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia