1 West Regent Street
Gillian MacLellan is a partner in our UK Employment Team working with clients in varied sectors across the UK advising on both contentious employment matters and transactional work; the common thread in both areas is her ability and determination to get a great result for her client. Gillian does a huge amount in the financial services and energy sectors and key current areas of focus include advising on whistleblowing, harassment and business change exercises, as well as on sector specific issues such as the SMCR.
Gillian currently chairs CBI Scotland's People & Skills Forum and is a regular speaker at conferences and an author for LexisNexis and XpertHR.
- The Scottish public sector on the complex employment issues arising out of its GBP 100m+ wide area network contract with Capita and supporting through competitive bid dialogue.
- A major energy client on major change project involving the closure of a UK site and transfer of activities to different jurisdictions outside of the UK.
- Clients on Employment Tribunals across the UK, including a multiparty action arising out of a large scale redundancy exercise, whistleblowing claims, discrimination actions and cases involving alleged breach of financial services regulations.
- A major financial institution on the TUPE and employment related issues arising out of its GBP 700m datacentre/infrastructure outsourcing to IBM.
- 9 month secondment to Employee Relations team of HBOS (now LTSB) during period of major organisational change for the client.
- 2000 - Dip LP, Glasgow Graduate School of Law, Glasgow
- 1999 - LLB (Hons), University of Glasgow, Glasgow