78 Cannon Street
Tom is a partner in the Transactions Team at CMS, and a member of our Corporate Technology sector.
With established expertise in investments, group reorganisations and mergers and acquisitions, Tom advises a variety of clients (entrepreneurs / start-ups, established management teams and investment houses) across all aspects of the corporate lifecycle; from initial VC / Growth Capital investment rounds, through to more complex private equity fundraising and, ultimately, company disposals/exits.
Having acted for both management teams and investors, his 360-degree experience enables him to spot potential issues early, and project manage transactions efficiently and effectively.
- Turn/River Capital on its investments in SaaS companies Huddle, Acunetix and Netsparker.
- Livingbridge on its investments in Efficio, Portman Healthcare and Direct Ferries.
- Rocket Internet on the acquisition of Just Eat’s Indian business.
- Sun Capital Partners on the acquisition of Strada.
- Captify Media Limited on its Series B fundraising led by Smedvig Capital.
- Virtualstock Holdings Limited on its Series B fundraising with Notion Capital.
- DRIVETRIBE, the digital media platform and online community founded by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, on its Series A and B fundraising rounds.
- Graphite Capital (and management) on the management buy-out and rollover in The Groucho Club.
- 32Red plc on its £175million acquisition by Kindred Group plc.
- Double Negative, Europe's largest provider of visual effects for film, on the multi-million pound sale of the group to Prime Focus World.
- 2008 – LPC, Kaplan Law School, London
- 2006 – LLB, Law, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Newcastle-upon-Tyne