Highlights of our experience in Sport
Technology, Media & Communications
11 January 2018
- Major Football Clubs on investment in and takeovers of some of English football’s biggest clubs such as Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and Arsenal.
- All England Law Tennis and Croquet Club on securing planning permission for the new roof on Court 1 and worked on various other developments on the Wimbledon estate.
- England and Wales Cricket Board on the £1.1bn sale of its broadcasting and media rights. Sky Sports and BBC were awarded new five-year media rights agreements for all of ECB’s domestic and international matches played at home from 2020 to 2024.
- International Cricket Council on its global media rights tender for 2017-2023 in respect of the major international cricket tournaments organised by the ICC. This process resulted in the ICC concluding cricket’s biggest ever broadcast deal.
- TEAM on bidding for the broadcasting rights to the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League.
- Various Golf Clubs: some of the most prestigious clubs in world golf including Muirfield in real estate matters.
- UEFA on obtaining a blocking order from the High Court against several Internet Service Providers to prevent access by their customers to streaming servers which deliver live streams of UEFA matches.
- Multiplex on a series of multi-million pounds disputes arising out of Wembley Stadium.
- BT Sport on its Advised longstanding client BT on its high profile multi-year agency deal for BT to market and sell Sky’s NOW TV service to BT TV Customers. This includes Sky Sports. At the same time, BT has agreed to wholesale its BT Sport channels, which shows UEFA Champions League and Premier League football, to Sky.