78 Cannon Street
Richard is a Partner in our Employment team. He was qualified as solicitor in 1995 and became a partner in 2005, overall having over 20 years of experience.
Richard specialises in all aspects of Employment Law with experience of both contentious and non-contentious issues. Richard's contentious work includes Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal, High/County Court, and Court of Appeal litigation. Richard has also been involved in a number of mediations.
Richard has particular expertise in advising on mental health issues in the workplace offering clients a holistic employee health and performance framework – an occupational mental health policy, specific mental health training and specialist mental health/employment advice on a case-by-case basis.
Richard regularly acts for clients across the Financial Services, Technology and Real Estate and Construction sectors.
- Acting on injunction applications, relating to enforcement of post termination restrictions.
- Advising an Investment bank on the successful defence of three high-profile whistle-blowing claims each worth more than £5m.
- Acting on a multi-million pound bonus claim, which was successfully settled through mediation.
- Advising on the employment law aspects of Nomura's acquisition of the Investment Banking and Equity business of Lehman Brothers.
- Advising a major technology company on the relocation of its business to Ireland.
- 1990 – BA University of Manchester
- Employment Lawyers Association