Your leading venture capital adviser with innovative Solutions
Venture capital transactions are a key strength of CMS Germany. Clients and the prestigious JUVE Handbook rank us among the top venture capital practices in Germany.
Tier 1 and 2 – JUVE Handbook, 2014/2015
By developing innovative solutions, we have become widely recognised as a pioneering player and standard setter. In addition to our focus on transactions, we have broad-based, in-depth expertise in all relevant legal areas.
Global markets in view
Our clients (investors and technology-oriented start-ups) benefit from our expertise in dynamic sectors such as biotech, cleantech, IT, medtech, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, software and eCommerce.
As a member of the international CMS organisation, we provide you with direct access to resources that span more than 71 offices in over 40 countries. Strong partner involvement in the advisory teams guarantees efficient and high-quality advice – at both national and cross-border level.
Our service portfolio covers every Topic
We advise our clients throughout the acquisition and ownership phases – from the initial investment through further rounds of financing and restructuring of the venture capital-financed companies, right up to exit.
- Transaction structuring
- Cross-border "flips" or "re-flips" in preparation for investment
- Drafting and negotiating letters of intent and/or term-sheets
- Due diligence Preparing agreements and resolutions
- Contract negotiations
- Transaction management
- Assistance with post-closing activity
- Advice on further rounds of financing
- Non-dilutive financing (e.g. venture loans)
- Providing assistance for shareholders' meetings
- and general meetings Preparing shareholder resolutions
- CEO and directors' service contracts
- Employee stock option programmes
- Support for operational activities
- Preparing for restructuring and expansion
- Trade sale
- Secondary transactions
- Merger, share exchange
- IPO Agreements with M&A advisers