AI & Technology are disrupting the investment funds sector, and laws and regulations are being amended to move towards a more digital environment for financial institutions, asset managers and investors.
CMS Funds Group videos feature short discussions between CMS lawyers and key players from both the technology and financial services sectors, providing a personal insight into the digitalisation of funds and Fintech, with particular focus on the legal, regulatory and business aspects of innovation and digitalisation of assets through tokenisation, blockchain and the use of technology for investments, administration and ESG reporting.
Jargon Buster videos
Whether you are a fund manager or an investor, gain a basic insight into the most important AI & Tech definitions. Watch CMS Funds Group short Jargon Buster videos.
All you need to know on funds tokenisation: Reasons, benefits, current projects, landscape & latest trends
Tokenisation is now making it faster, easier, cheaper, and more secure to launch, operate and close a fund. Tokenisation and digitalisation through Distributed Ledger Technology are at the centre of this opportunity.
- Can funds be tokenised and how?
- Can technology bring benefits?
- What are they? What are the opportunities and risks?
- What are the lessоns learned from landmark projects?
To answer those questions, CMS Funds Group organised a webinar series to capture the latest views and experiences from the funds, technological, financial, and legal sectors.
Our speakers and panel for our first seminars included specialists from different countries at the forefront of the topic:
- Daniel Coheur, Co-founder & Chief Commercial Officer - Tokeny
- Bilal El Alamy, CEO - Equisafe
- Thomas Eichenberger, Head of Business Units - Sygnum
- David Fassbender, Managing Director, Head of SEA - PGIM
- Brian McNulty, Founder, CEO - FundAdminChain
- Jean-Paul Scheuren, Co-founder - BlocHome
- Tina Balzli, Partner, CMS Switzerland
- Aurélien Hollard, Partner, CMS Luxembourg
- Matthias Kuert, CMS Switzerland
- Chris Luck, Partner, CMS UK
- Matt Nortcliff, Partner, CMS Singapore
- Sam Robinson, Partner, CMS UK
- Erica Stanford, CMS UK
- Jérôme Sutour, Partner, CMS France
- Clair Wermers, Counsel, CMS Netherlands
Fill out the form to watch webinar recording
All you need to know on funds tokenisation
Download webinar presentation
Impact of AI & Technology on the Funds sector
ESG: The central role of technology
Technology and digital assets: Implications and need for education
Luxembourg: Tokenisation & Blockchain in the fund sector
UK: Legal developments for Fintech and crypto asset
Competition in the technology race: Adoption at all levels
Switzerland: New blockchain and DLT Laws
The Netherlands: Clarifying the path to tokenization
France: Types of tokens and opportunities
UK: Regulation, regulatory process and Fintech ecosystem
France: Considerations related to token issuance
Germany: A regulation that fosters decentralised finance and technology
Italy: Blockchain venture capital funds and offering to Italian investors – Opportunities and regulation
Spain: Opportunities for banks, asset managers and Fintech companies