CMS equIP #LeadHers
London, United KingdomShow location
CMS equIP & CMS Women are delighted to invite you to attend our forthcoming #LeadHers campaign launch event.
CMS equIP is a virtual accelerator that supports UK tech start-ups. Founded 3 years ago, we now have over 65 members on our programme, but have noted that only minority of these businesses are founded and led by women. This has to change.
A recent report undertaken by the British Business Bank revealed that for every £1 of VC investment in the UK, all-female founder teams receive less than 1p and mixed gender teams 10p. The imbalance between female led companies and male led companies is more apparent than ever. This has galvanised us to seek opportunities to support more tech female founders.
To launch our #LeadHers campaign and encourage more female led businesses to apply for the CMS equIP programme, we invite you to join us on 25 April to hear from an impressive panel of speakers to discuss the challenges female founders face, examine why investors seem to invest more readily in male-led businesses and consider what pro-active steps we can collectively take to encourage more diversity within the male dominated tech start-up environment. We are keen to have attendees from both sexes to discuss these issues.
We are delighted to announce our speakers:
- Jenny Tooth, Angel investor and CEO of UKBusiness Angel Association (UKBAA)
- Felicia Meyerowitz Singh, CEO of fintech Akoni Hub, and recent winner of Woman of the Year at Everywoman in Tech Awards
- Caroline Hughes, Serial Tech Enterpreneur, Co-founder of Lifetise
- Emma Sinclair MBE, Serial Tech Enterpreneur, co-founder of EnterpriseAlumni, Youngest in world to IPO
- Julie Baker, Head of Enterprise and Community Finance at Natwest & RBS
- Jon Lerner, Managing Director, Smedvig Capital
The evening will also allow time for networking and we will have guests attending from a variety of sectors.
To register for this event, please click on the below link.