CMS has the largest number of partners dedicated to employee share plans in a City law firm, with over forty years’ combined experience as partners in their field. Our team stands out for the range of work it does. We each advise FTSE100 and multinational companies on their share plans and the related public company M&A work that goes with that, but also advise start-ups, particularly in the tech and life sciences sectors and other companies which are private equity owned. We will work with you to maximise the opportunities to reward employees in the most tax-effective way possible and deliver their rewards cost-effectively for your business.
Each of our partners is anchored in the firm's sectors. When clients approach us, they want common sense advice based on our experience and what is right for their business at their particular stage of development. As part of the wider CMS network, we are also quickly able to draw upon the overseas expertise of our international offices.
We pride ourselves on giving clear advice. We ensure our clients are aware of the commercial opportunities and pitfalls they may face, as well as (in appropriate cases) the changing tax and corporate governance environment.
- M&A activity
- All-employee plans
- Executive remuneration in the public glare
- Listing Rule compliance
PE owned and other private companies
- Tax-efficient remuneration, including EMI options
- How to create opportunities for employees (especially leavers) to sell shares
- Appropriate structure for the size of company
- Compliance with the various Remuneration Codes put in place by the PRA and FCA
- Setting up and operating employee trusts
- Winding them up
Some highlights of our experience