Dr Daniel Jenny, LL.M.
Dr Daniel Jenny, LL.M.
Daniel Jenny specialises in M&A transactions (including private equity), capital markets, corporate restructurings, general corporate and contract matters (e.g. joint ventures, shareholders' agreements). He is experienced in a broad range of international and national M&A transactions both sell and buy side, including auction processes and carve-out transactions. Furthermore, he is a recognised expert in corporate governance, in particular concerning questions on directors' liability. Daniel Jenny's expertise also includes corporate litigation: He often represents renowned clients in directors' liability lawsuits and post M&A disputes or other corporate litigation (e.g. special audit). Among his clients are listed companies and private companies (both small and medium-sized) as well as individuals (in particular investors and board members).
After his traineeship with CMS and his clerkship with the District Court of Zurich, Daniel Jenny was admitted to the bar in 2007 and has since been working as a lawyer with us. He gained additional work experience as an international associate in a New York-based law firm and as legal counsel in an industrial multinational (Hilti AG). Daniel Jenny authored various legal publications. His thesis “Means of Defence of Board Members in Directors' Liability Lawsuits” approved by the University of Zurich in 2012 was awarded summa cum laude and won the Professor Walther Hug prize.
- Advised LifeWatch on the Competing Public Takeovers from BioTelemetry and AEVIS Victoria
- Advised Rieter on the acquisition of the SSM division from Schweiter
- Advised Sunrise on the sale of Swiss Towers AG
- Advised Merbag on the acquisition of Mercedes-Benz Milano from Mercedes-Benz Italia (Daimler Group)
- Advised Heraeus on the acquisition of Argor-Heraeus
- Counsel to independent board members of Sika in a directors’ liability action regarding the contemplated Saint-Gobain takeover
- Advised Schaeffler regarding all legal aspects related to the sale of its fine-blanking business to the Swiss Guentensperger Group
- Advised Synergie on the Swiss aspects of the legal structuring and establishment of the partnership with Cavallo Suisse Invest AG
- Advised Aurelius on the acquisition of the trade operations of the listed Swiss Valora Group
- Advised Alstom on the sale of parts of its gas turbine business to Ansaldo Energia
- Advised majority shareholders of the soccer team FC Wil on the sale of their share to a Turkish multinational corporation
- Advised Sonic Healthcare in acquisition of Swiss laboratory group Medisupport
- Advised Gemalto on the acquisition of Trüb's secure document business
- Counsel to former board members of SAirGroup in directors' liability action
- Advised Ametek on the acquisition of the Teseq Group
- Advised LCP Europe Limited (belonging to the Alexander Forbes Group) on the sale of LCP Libera AG
- Advised on the sale of Colibrys SA in a multi-seller transaction
2012 – Doktorat, Dr. iur., summa cum laude, Universität Zürich, Prof. Walther Hug Preis
2010 – Master of Laws, LL.M ,New York University School of Law, Half Tuition Dean's Graduate Award
2007 – Anwaltspatent
2004 – Visiting Scholar, Max Planck Institut für ausländisches und internationales Privatrecht, Hamburg
2003 – Rechtsstudium, lic. iur., magna cum laude, Universität Zürich
- Zürcher Anwaltsverband (ZAV)
- Schweizerischer Anwaltsverband (SAV)
Reto M. Jenny/Daniel Jenny, Art. 124-149 ZPO, in: OFK-ZPO, M. Gehri et al (Hrsg.), Zürich 2015.
Daniel Jenny, Abwehrmöglichkeiten von Verwaltungsratsmitgliedern in Verantwortlichkeitsprozessen: ein dogmatischer Beitrag zur Einwendungen- und Einredenordnung unter Würdigung der „Raschein-Praxis“, Dike
Institut für Rechtswissenschaft und Rechtspraxis, Universität St. Gallen, ZPO – Fallstricke und Chancen (2013)