22 February 2018, 09:00 -
Offshore wind projects are under pressure to reduce costs and meet, often tight, timing milestones required to preserve valuable subsidy arrangements. The offshore wind financing community builds on experience from one project to the next and operates across geographical boundaries. This seminar will focus on lessons from recent financings to help to prime new projects coming forward for success.
The seminar brings together some of the most active experts in offshore wind financing across Europe to present on the recent developments in financings in the sector. The seminar will explore key elements of recent offshore wind project financings (at project or holdco level). Speakers will include:
- Marc Riede, CMS: Finance partner with a particular focus on infrastructure and energy projects. Listed in the Legal 500 directory as one of the top 5 leading German project finance specialists and recognised for his regular advice on the project financing of offshore windfarms.
- Carol Gould, MUFG - The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFG Ltd: Head of Power and Renewables within the Structured Finance Office for EMEA, part of Bank’s European Investment Banking Division. Carol and her team have been very active from both a financial advisory and lending perspective in the European offshore wind sector.
- Hugo Coetzee, CMS: Project and Energy Finance partner in the Infrastructure & Project Finance team with experience advising infrastructure and renewable energy funds, developers, contractors, traditional banking institutions and the public sector.
- Simon Luby, K2 Management: UK MD & Head of Due Diligence, who has led over 20 offshore LTA mandates including two recent UK CfD projects.
- Dorothée Janzen, CMS: Energy partner who has particular expertise advising on developing and implementing onshore and offshore projects.
- Christine Worthington, CMS: Energy, Projects and Construction partner who has particular expertise advising on developing and implementing onshore and offshore projects.
- Ensuring a bankable suite of contractual arrangements and bankable revenue streams to support the financing.
- The key elements that are unique to an offshore wind financing.
- The key players in the sector.
- Practical lessons from closed financings for achieving a timely financial close.
- New approaches that are being developed.
The presentations will be followed by an interactive Q&A session and the opportunity to network afterwards.
Please RSVP by using the button below.