A changing banking sector
Slowdown in bank loans, significant risk exposure, entry of new players onto the market (telecommunications operators, money transfer companies), digital transformation, advent of participative banking, tightening of prudential regulations and capital requirements, overhaul of the classification of receivables and new vigilance requirements – as a player in the banking or insurance sector, you are faced with numerous challenges in a context of profound economic and regulatory changes. Obtaining support from legal advisors with expertise in tax and financial matters is essential to your development.
Assistance with all of your banking and financial issues
Whether you are a Moroccan financial institution in the middle of international expansion or a foreign company planning to set up or outsource part of its activity in Morocco, we have the capabilities to advise you and assist you with all of your issues and your operations:
- Regulation of credit institutions, investment service providers and insurance companies,
- Regulation of intermediation in banking, insurance and financial services,
- Foreign exchange amnesty,
- Bank financing, treasury services,
- Establishment of guarantees,
- Collective management vehicles (standard, alternative and venture capital),
- Market operations,
- Securitisation transactions,
- Financial products; particularly life insurance, general insurance, health insurance, reinsurance, OTC products and products traded on regulated markets,
- Financing of acquisitions, projects and assets,
- Financing by real-estate leases and real-estate loans,
- Structured financing,
- Debt restructuring and rescheduling,
- Banking and financial judicial and disciplinary litigation.
Advanced advice to keep up with and anticipate ongoing changes
Our multi-disciplinary team is particularly aknowledged for its excellence in taxation and strives to understand each of your issues from multiple perspectives. Our ability to handle the tax, regulatory and legal aspects of your transactions at the same time allows us to take on the most complex cases – in fact, we work on innovative and transnational transactions, supported by partners from the CMS network. This combination of skills also gives us a strategic perspective decisive to understanding the changes at work.
Coface | Advice covering all aspects of business law, regulations, tax and labour law.
BMCE Bank | Advice to the group on a project to reorganise its holdings.